Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new Gal (64 fastback) is missing this wiring loom in the engine bay. I am looking for one of you knowledgable folks to tell me what these wires should do? And am I actually missing them? Ie did all cars come with these wires or might it have come from the factory this way?

·
Premium Member
3,637 Posts
you are missing a harness

#1... bkl/white to window washer pump....
#2...red/white to temprature sender....
#3...brown to starter relay
#4...white/red to oil pressure sender
#5...red/blue to starter relay..
#6...green to stoplight switch
#7...green/red to stoplight switch

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
Hey Captain and Mr. R,
Geeze, you guys are good! :)

JC

·
Registered
26 Posts
Auto krafters has the harness clips. I also got harnesses from them as well.

Can't attest to the quality of them because I've been waiting two weeks for something to be shipped that's 2 hours from my house. Apparently they were on backorder or so I was told.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm looking for a source for the firewall mounted female wire loom connectors and the male engine compartment connectors that connecte the dash to engine gauge feed and the headlights/turn signal feeds. Dearborn Classics has the the under hood wire looms but doesn't sell just the connectors that I could use to make my own harness. Any help would be hugely appreciated

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
21,524 Posts
Maybe you can drill through and run a wire for the worst spots for now? Or dig them out but would probably make a mess of it all.
Might check also some Mustang sites as a lot of them have stuff that will work for galaxie also.
I found these, not stock but an idea and if they have these someone must have other styles.
https://www.americanautowire.com/getting-through-the-firewall/

CJ Pony parts and below NPD i have had luck with finding some things.
https://www.npdlink.com/

Sad they have a lot of stuff for the other makes. Firewall bulkhead wiring harness repair kits i found but not for ford that might be modified. Or find a donor and cut off the plug end.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts