Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Bronco's had a somewhat rough life, for the 11 years I've owned it, it's always been parked outside in the weather, enduring day after day of heat, rain, snow, and whatever else mother nature throws at it. With any luck that will change in about a year and a half (add on a garage), but for now, this time of year I sometimes have a problem with condensation inside the cab... fog/frost on the inside of the glass, water droplets on the rear roof (fiberglass) and sunroof I installed... how can I put a stop to this? I don't have any water leaks that I know of, is all this moisture coming in on the bottom of my shoes? I only drive it about 3 miles a day, so the interior rarely gets a chance to warm up from the heater (or the engine for that matter). Do I need to just drive it longer to heat it up a little and try to dry it out each day? I've been trying to crack the windows open on nicer days to let it air out, is that a mistake? Thanks in advance for any advice!

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
could be....
another thing is to have your heater set on outside air (not recycle or inside air).... that way you blow the moisture thats trapped inside out.
Tim

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
I think you probably have a leak somewhere, that you haven't found yet.

My '81 has the same problem. I thought I looked everywhere, but could not find an obvious leak. What I eventually found was a leak in the seals around the lift off roof. The water was collecting in the side panel pockets so I never saw any obvious puddles on the carpet. I later found another one that came thru around the windshield gasket...that one is tricky - it only leaks if the rain comes in at just the right angle.

As far as ventilation, you can either leave the rear window down just enough 1/2 in or so, or leave the vents open. I think the door windows are too obvious.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts