Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will a Mustang Monte Carlo bar fit a 65 Falcon? Mines chrome and rusted and I see they have stainless ones for Mustangs. I want to replace mine

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Searched the net and it looks like they are not the same.

·
Premium Member
4,010 Posts
There use to be a guy that made them and sold them on Ebay. That's where I got mine. It was a perfect fit.

·
Registered
380 Posts
One of my neighbors had a '65 Mustang bar that he brought over because I had told him I was looking to put one in my bird. The bar was too short! Seems the engine compartment on the Falcon is a little wider than the Mustang.

·
Registered
289 Posts
You'll have to custom fab one. Haven't seen one up for sale for any of the Falcons. I wanted one for my '67 but, a local guy wanted $200 for him to custom fab one for my car. NO WAY!

·
Registered
289 Posts
OH... what's the dimension of your engine bay width? Was wondering if a '64-65 monte carlo bar would fit my '67.

·
Premium Member
4,010 Posts
The 64-65 Falcon is not as wide as the Mustang and the 66 and up Falcons are even wider.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
A Monte Carlo for a 'Bird??? I thought they had a conventional type suspension?? Maybe I am really out of the loop...

Oops wrong 'Bird.... ;)

·
Premium Member
1,479 Posts
Check out Total Control Products. They make a modular set-up that you can use all or part of in the Falcons. I'm using their shock tower supports only in my car and love them. Very nice looking and removable for quicker and easier spark plug changes, etc. An added plus is getting rid of those ugly factory sheet metal pieces. I have some some photos that show them in my garage section here if you care to see them or go to the website.

John

1 - 14 of 14 Posts