Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Meet a guy from out in michigan on the phone that worked at a head porting shop. Got talking one day about hunting and want to know if there were any moose here. Ther are lots , he came out this fall, 23 hour drive and i took him huntng. Showed him six differnet moose in the first day. He got a big bull the first day! We had a blast, you get to meet alot of good people do hot rod work. He came and stayed a week and cost him nothing. If he were to come here to an outfitter it would have cost him about thee grand. It was alot of fun and i am alwas up to do it again someday for someone.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Thats great. Good to see there are other hunters on here. I have always been afraid to say anything about hunting. One time on a snowmobile forum i got attacked for saying something about hunting. Nobody could understand how i could hunt.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just thought it is cool the people that you meet on the phone , internet , car shows and at the drag strip. It seems like people that are into car are some of the best people in the world. It was funny because where he lives there are no moose and where i live there are no wild turkeys. I have always wanted to go turkey hunting and now have the chance. So it sounds like next fall i will be going to his place to go turkey hunting. I like hunting wild life and chevys!

·
Registered
730 Posts
Man, I'll bet hitting a moose will screw up a car. I've hit a few West Ga. deer & they're bad enough. How much does one of them bad boys weigh?

Rick

·
Registered
712 Posts
About around too...much!

·
Premium Member
1,741 Posts
Talking about having fun hunting would just about get you killed in my part of the woods (santa cruz california).

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Most people are killed when they hit one with a car. Females go about 1000 pounds full grown , and a male will go between 1000 and 1500 pounds. The one we got this fall went about 1200 pounds, and it was only 2 years old.

·
Premium Member
4,010 Posts
Most people around here do hunt, even a lot of woman and children, especially the young boys and girls who are old enough. Those who have derogatory remarks about hunting might better run the other way.

·
Premium Member
1,741 Posts
Ha ha, I think thats why they all hide here in california. I have yet to tell many people here that I am going out ferrel pig hunting on my buddies ranch soon.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Hunting is huge in my area too. Small town, the school just about empties out on deer opener. I did have one girl in one of my classes say that she would rather watch a human die then any animal. But she does eat meat. She was the talk of the whole school. Everybody was afraid to talk to her.

I too am really excited to get my car done to start meeting people at car shows. It seems that these are some of the best people as far as helping somebody new out.

PS. You will love turkey hunting. It is aweosme.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
She hasnt seen to many people die has she??? I have and its no fun, I am a fireman. You must be a school teacher? My wife is as well and loves it!

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Im still in high school. I can guarentee she has never seen a person die, and if she has, that scares me even worse, that it wouldnt bother her. I dont know if i could handle seeing a person die... Most people arent that extreme about hunting.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
That was kinda scary when she said that, but what scared me a lot more was one kid saying that he wouldnt kill his dog or friends cause he likes them, but he wouldnt have a problem killing a person if he wouldnt get in trouble for it.

·
Premium Member
4,010 Posts
That was probably Charles M. 's attitude when he was younger. Man that is scary. I've seen my share of death and then some.

My wife's nephew, Matt Vancise, is four or five time world champion turkey caller. You might have seen him on the Dave Letterman show and he's always in the Turkey Federation. He's called for me a few times, always get to see the big birds, what glory that is. The Monday after thanksgiving is the opening day of rifle season. All the schools are closed that day and most businesses go skeleton crew because no one shows up for work.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: retyler on 12/4/06 12:11pm ]</font>

·
Premium Member
4,010 Posts
He just might, he travels all over, anywhere the birds are. He was down under a short time back.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts