Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, thanks for all of the great responses to my other 393W questions. Now that I have a real good idea on shortblock, heads and cam, what is the fuel delivery system of choice? Carb would be the most simple and least expensive setup, but fuel injection gets better mileage and has fewer drivability problems. If I do go with injection, is the ford 5.8L truck intake adequate for the 393? What upper intake will work with the 5.8L truck lower? Probe industries has a "EFI Spyder" fuel injection conversion for victor jr. manifolds that looks interesting. Anyone tried one of these yet?

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
Go to windsorfox.com they are great at this stuff. You can use the 351 efi truck lower, but i think they said the upper was too tall and hits the export brace, so you had to use an edelbrock or holley upper, one of them matches up with the truck lower.
chris

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
I used one on a 326 stroker a few years ago. Used a 90mm body and a stand alone FI unit from Turbo Technology. This was a pure drag car with 2 turbo's. The nice thing about it is it can be programed as you drive with a laptop.
If ya ever go to an NMRA meet, check out Brian Carpenters 87 Mustang. Last time I looked he was running 8 teens with this setup. I'm pretty sure that he switched the car over to a single turbo though.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 85Mike on 2/18/02 2:14am ]</font>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts