Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These are better (from the previous pictures I posted before) pics of my car and of me.

·
Registered
521 Posts
gonna have to agree with chilly.. you look like whatever POD's lead singers name is

<-- fan of pod to a degree so dont take that as an insult...

and by the way BADASS CAR!!!! what kind of hood scoop is that? i think something like that would look pretty badass on my maverick...
you lucky dog you

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
On 2002-06-01 22:51, andwrong wrote:
gonna have to agree with chilly.. you look like whatever POD's lead singers name is

<-- fan of pod to a degree so dont take that as an insult...

and by the way BADASS CAR!!!! what kind of hood scoop is that? i think something like that would look pretty badass on my maverick...
you lucky dog you
The singer for P.O.D. is Sonny. lol I do get that a lot, people say I look like him. I don't mind, I do dig the band, so it's all good.

The scoop is a Harwood scoop I got from Jeg's.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Dude, that's a bad ass ride
Right On
Are those keystones i see ?

·
Registered
521 Posts
did you just bolt it onto your factory hood rod? is it functional? how hard was it? was it worth it?
i know it was worth it in the looks department.. thanks man

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
The car is lookin' sweet!!! But you got a little dirt on your chin.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes those are Keystones, I was going to go with American Racing torque thrust II's, but it seems that everyone and their mama has them. Plus I could not afford them at the time, when I was working on my car.

The hood scoop is functional, I cut a hole for the air cleaner by running a string from the radiator core support to the cowl, then a string from the left fender to the right fender. The strings crossed right where the air cleaner stud was, so then I put the hood down and drilled a hole where the strings crossed after relaying them with the hood closed. Then I got the top of the air cleaner and scribed a line, then cut about an inch around that line. The scoop is just bolted on, the hard part was tryuing to line it up, and cut the base to fit against the hood.

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Car looks good! No one in Az gives ya (like the gestapo), any grief about the hood scoop?
I know up here in cheeseland, there's a limit of like 2" over the hood for scoops.

Only comment about 'yer looks', is ya kinda look like yer giving some 'tude'.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Hey Drag79stang, underneath that tude ( and i can see it ) is a shi# eating grin from ear to ear !

·
Registered
539 Posts
Nice ride Rod. I'm with Drag79Stang,wish I had a ride like that in my younger days!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts