Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What is the most valuable / sought after galaxie out there? Thinking about getn another one and was wondering what year and code would be worth the most after resto.?? Thanks in advance for your info guys

·
Registered
396 Posts
My opinion would be 63 or 64 Q or R code. Most valuable would be 63 lightweight.

You can add to you list 63 406

Kevin

·
Registered
419 Posts
Lightweights and 65-67 427 cars are probably the rarest and most expensive. Next would be 63-64 427 cars, followed by the rest of the hi-po cars. They are usually not cheap to start with, but deals can be found if you want to start with something rough. Keep in mind that correct restorations can be extremely expensive.

·
Registered
419 Posts
How come no one chose the 401 HP "61 Starliner?
Yeah that would definitely be up there as well. Other rare versions of the previously listed are worth more too, like 63 Boxtop R codes, or 63 1/2 Fastback 406 cars, and many more.

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
What is the most valuable / sought after galaxie out there? Thinking about getn another one and was wondering what year and code would be worth the most after resto.?? Thanks in advance for your info guys
Hey Mr. T423,
How about the world famous Ms. American 3.14159?

The ONLY 1964 Ford Galaxie 500, Four-Door, Hard-Top, Fast-Back, Police Interceptor that Google finds on the WHOLE World Wide Web?

She has five KelseyHayes Severe Service Wheels, NASCAR Cast Iron Shorty Headers, P-Code 390 Engine with Solid Lifters, Borg Warner T85 Three Speed Manual Transmission, w/ Overdrive, 4:11 Differential, a Five Row Radiator. No Power Brakes, Windows, Seats, Mirrors, anything.

Or maybe you should try to get the "Tobacco King". Google that. Pretty interesting.

JC

·
Registered
419 Posts
Is there a factory hopped up 352 HP 1960 Gal? I know they raced one, but not sure if sold to normal folks.
Yes, first HiPo FE! It was a high performance option, not an engine code of its own. It led the way for the progression of the FE in racing and was a terror on its own!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Man i would love to have that tobacco king,, I was waitn on someone to say 62 xl club Victorian but that's just me!! I guess with so many killer choices it's all about the FUNDS!

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
the most valuable galaxie is the one you spent years building to be just what you want.

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
For me, FWIW It would be : being able to go back to the 1960's and walk into the dealer and personally select every option I wanted in the car. Then having kept it all these years, lovingly look at it today and be thankful that I ordered it that way. ;-)

·
Administrator
21,674 Posts
He can't have the PI, it's mine mine mine mine mine mine! I would walk to Texas to have it!
And i would hope it was raining and a big puddle next to you so i could drive through it as i passed you! lol

·
Premium Member
5,852 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Probably the rarest Galaxie would be the 1966 7 Litre R code convertible, Ford made 2 of them. Mike's classic cars redid the blue one and it sold for $250,000. Then there is Adrian Clement's full size 67 Custom W code 1 of 1, technically it's not a Galaxie but it can't get any rarer than that.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I do not think that was the price. Do you know for certain?

Probably the rarest Galaxie would be the 1966 7 Litre R code convertible, Ford made 2 of them. Mike's classic cars redid the blue one and it sold for $250,000. Then there is Adrian Clement's full size 67 Custom W code 1 of 1, technically it's not a Galaxie but it can't get any rarer than that.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts