Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, the builder I was going to use for my motor flaked. He has a good reputation but does the work on the side (has a shop at his home and works with machine shops), so the price was good. Wondering if anyone knows of a good (but fair priced) engine builder in the SF Bay Area, or Im open to crate motors as well, looking for 5.0 and 351W sizes. Thanks!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Depends on what you want to do with the engine. There are some cheap crate engines on ebay but I would stay away from them. I found it cheaper to buy a Ford Racing 306/340hp than to pay for machine work and buy the parts (including aluminum heads) to build a 289 that I already had. I was going to assemble the 289 myself. The machinist that I was going to use was a good one and charged accordingly. I was able to sell the running 289 and get some of the money to go towards the 306. I was looking for a cruising hot rod engine and not an all out, shake the ground, race engine. I haven't got my project going so I don't know how the engine will be but a lot of internet sites say that they are happy with theirs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts