Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone could tell me where i can find some motor mounts for my 70 Cougar. I keep breaking the stock ones and have search all over the place for polyurethane ones with no luck. Thanks for any help

DC

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Take both pieces of the broken ones put them back togethere and drill a hole in it put a nut and bolt throught it and you will never break it again i did that to my 289 with a four speed and never broke it and never came loose.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I did the bolt thing. Use a nylock nut. Then you dont have to tighten it down all of the way. That way it wont shake the car so bad, and the motor wont move too much.

·
Registered
522 Posts
There is an article right here in the archives about making a torque strap. A big nasty chain connected to a head and the frame is also good, just don't use an exhaust bolt. Thats not good, and I have a broken one in a head to prove it!

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Been out of town for a couple of weeks. Just went thru the same gig with the stang. No luck either for urethane mounts. Summit sells a mount from lakewood called "musclemounts". They still use a rubber isolator but, the mounts use a overlapping design to keep them from separating. Work well for me. 'Bout $30. Hope this wasn't to late.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts