Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can get urathane motor mounts or even solid mounts for my 64 Falcon with a 302?
Thanks

8" ProTrax rearend with 3:80 gears
[email protected] mph on BFG street tires,old faulty C4 trans,New trans listed above???? I'll let you know!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: fpizzo on 4/3/02 12:22am ]</font>

·
Registered
291 Posts
I don't know of any solid or poly mounts. However. why not just drill and thru bolt a new set of standard mounts? Look at the mounts as installed, find the area that over-hangs the edge, mark and drill a 5/16th. hole through the mount,(be sure to allow clearance for nut&bolt head) insert a bolt and tighten the nut till it just starts to compress the mount, jamb nut or loctite the nut and install the mounts. DONE! I've been doing this for 30 years and have NEVER broken one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DblADigger...
Thanks for the tip...I'll get a new set of stock mounts and try it! I'm installing a new C4 and headers,the motor is all hooked up to the lift so now would be a good time to try it.
Thanks...I'll let you know how it works...
when done I'll take the Falcon to Carlsbad Raceway test her out!

8" ProTrax rearend with 3:80 gears
[email protected] mph on BFG street tires,old faulty C4 trans,New trans listed above???? I'll let you know!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: fpizzo on 4/3/02 3:16am ]</font>

·
Registered
291 Posts
Be carefull in the shutdown area @ C-BAD, I've still got the image of my car with all 4 wheels off the track just past the lights stuck in my mind.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I put bolts through mine too. I used a 1/2" grade 8 with a nylock nut. Using the nylock you dont tighten it down all of the way, just leave a small gap. That way the motor doesnt viberate as much. Works very good

1 - 6 of 6 Posts