Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I'm new hear and am about to undertake something my friends all think is nuts. I bought a 68 Fairlane wagon that is pretty clean. 73,000 mile car, runs and drives but is original and needs work. I've decided to swap an 87 5.0 HO out of a Mustang GT and swap the front brakes to disc, probably from a Granada. I have the computer and harness from the 87. I know about the fuel system and O2 issues but what other problems can you guys foresee? I'm gonna go thru the motor and rebuild the front suspension. I've never tried this type of project before so any input would be appreciated. I do have the help of a very good performance shop that is swapping me some labor to help me (i detail cars).

Thanks, Tim

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
be careful with the gas feed mods, i did the same but switched to carb(much easier, less problems). instead of getting the expensive stang fuel pump get the ford truck one for 35 bucks. on the granadas you may need tie rod adapters but not sure see mustangsteve.com for that, you may have to use the original motormounts if so take them off and drill holes through them and put washers and bolts through them in 3-4 spots for added strength...or buy some expensive ones! good luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts