Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are your favorite movie cars?

There are a lot of them. Like the Charger in Blade, and the one in The Fast and the Furious. The 55' Chevy in American Graffiti.

And of course theres "Eleonor."

·
Registered
508 Posts
I'd have to go with the '68 Mustang GT from Bullitt. Although it's not exactly a "special" mustang on it's own, Steve McQueen driving it like that in the city (I live about 10 minutes from SF), wow. Every time I drive the Cougar in the city since seeing that movie, I can't help remembering the movie. Second, would have to be Eleanor. That's 'bout it.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Im going to catch hell for this but here goes....The big nasty Primer grey 55 chevy in Two Lane Blacktop.Not alot of people know this but it is actually the same car thats in "graffiti" just configured and painted differently.

·
Registered
567 Posts
I second Eleanor!! 1967 Mustang GT500. Although the movie makes me rather angry, they totalled 2 of them!!! Not to mention they tossed Nitrous on it, which shouldnt be done to a classic like that! Why cant they go ruin a chevy or something!!

·
Registered
539 Posts
The 55 from Two Lane Blacktop, And a 40 Willy's from a movie that I can't remember the name of.

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
Nobody's mentioned Milner's bright yellow coupe from American Graffiti,even if it was Chevy powered,the challenger in Vanishing Point was cool,the 40 Willys in HOTROD and of course the camaro that bites the dust in Dirty Mary & Crazy Larry

·
Registered
291 Posts
I like Milners car also, and hate to say it , Smokies car in Smokie and the Bandit, child of the 70's

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
On 2002-05-07 14:24, frdnut wrote:
Nobody's mentioned Milner's bright yellow coupe from American Graffiti,even if it was Chevy powered,the challenger in Vanishing Point was cool,the 40 Willys in HOTROD and of course the camaro that bites the dust in Dirty Mary & Crazy Larry

That wasn't a camaro it was a mopar a yellow charger.

·
Registered
474 Posts
No I wouldn't go with Smokies car from Smokey and the Bandit, I'd go with the Bandits Trans-Am, only Pontiac i can stand, actually I would trade my '72 Gran Torino for a '79 trans-am, but it have to be perfect, then i'd crash it being stupid and sell it for another Torino...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Don't know what car, but the car mad max drives in the first and second movies. Even though the switch for arming the supercharger is bogus it still a bad ass car.

·
Registered
10 Posts
that car is an Aussie Ford Falcon XB Coupe that's been modified with several body pieces. if you want to know what the front of the car looks like in production, look at the front of the "Police Inteceptors" in the first Mad Max.

http://www.madmaxmovies.com/cars/madmax/

as for my fav, gotta vote for the Bullitt Mustang, though Max's Inteceptor is a close second. another one is Christine. my fav from American Grafitti is the '58 Impala.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cougarinva on 5/8/02 10:26am ]</font>

·
Registered
91 Posts
How about the 67 fastback in "Murder by Numbers" Or the camaro in "A Walk to remember". Both of those were pretty sweet and id like to own em both
!

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
DOOOHHH Your right Coolfalcon that was a charger I was so busy trying to remember if that was crazy larry and dirty mary or crazy mary and dirty larry that I got the cars mixed up(thats my story and I"m stickin to it)

·
Registered
4,154 Posts
For a nice trip through memory lane, check out javelinamx.com. Thats the home page for the "car Stars of Film and Television" Lots of cool cars and movies mentioned.

And just cuz Im a truck guy, I gotta mention the yellow 68 F-250 from Mr Majestyk, the 84? Bronco from romancing the Stone, and Las tbut not least, Uncle Jesse's white 73

·
Registered
316 Posts
I would say the 1950 Ford from Thunder Road, with Robert Mitchum. (Thunder was his engine, and white lightning was his load).

1 - 20 of 30 Posts