Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Momma and da kid and I went to 'The Terminal' tonite. Tom Hanks new movie. Highly recommend it. Good humor, good sadness, good all around 'feel good' movie.

Go see it......................

·
Super Moderator
21,516 Posts
That's one I wanna see also! Sounds like it lives up to it's advertising. I watched bad-er santa and wasn't too impressed. Think that's one to watch after you've had a few maybe.

·
Registered
14,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll ditto the thumbs up on "The Terminal". Hanks is a cinematic genius. He played an eastern European better than the real one's do...

·
Registered
14,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No chit. Tom Hanks accent (wherever Korkscrewovia), or whatever is, is dead nuts to what one would think they'd hear outa his mouth.
Excellent rendition. In a couple of minutes of hearing HIM speak, you're totally convinced that HE's from that european/area.

The story is based on a guy that gets 'caught ' in an airport terminal after leaving his country. His country has a 'coup;' (sp).........thereby the UN (whomever), doesn't recognize his country/s existence, so he's stuck in the terminal until something happens.

GO SEE THE MOVIE...................YOU WON'T REGRET IT.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
well.....

in the real world it happend this way.

the guy was exiled from his home country and left for a new one, when he arrived his brief case was stollen with all his paper work in it. he couldent leave the airport pecause he dident have his passport and he couldent go home because he was exiled. he was foced to live i the airport because he had no papers and the airport was considered international grounds. some years after the innital incident the country he was in gave him the right to leave the airport but he has remained there for about a year or to now.

Ed Guy

·
Registered
14,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oooooooooooops, I didn't know I (or anyone), was going to get graded on accuracy, (or innacuracy), of the movies rendition of events.

I went to the movie, (not knowing it was BASED), on a true story.

I went to be entertained...............and I WAS.

Nuff said.

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
I would like to see The Terminal.....I don't see a lot of movies these days but,this one I wanna see!

2000 Excursion LTD 444 Turbo Diesel
2004 Timber Wolf 24' "Coyote" Race Trailer

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DynoTom on 7/5/04 11:41am ]</font>

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
On 2004-07-04 11:07, 64Galaxie500 wrote:
well.....

in the real world it happend this way.

the guy was exiled from his home country and left for a new one, when he arrived his brief case was stollen with all his paper work in it. he couldent leave the airport pecause he dident have his passport and he couldent go home because he was exiled. he was foced to live i the airport because he had no papers and the airport was considered international grounds. some years after the innital incident the country he was in gave him the right to leave the airport but he has remained there for about a year or to now.

Ed Guy
in the real world it happened this way.

the guy was exiled from his home country and left for a new one, when he arrived his brief case was stolen with all his paper work in it. he couldn’t leave the airport because he didn’t have his passport and he couldn’t go home because he was exiled. he was forced to live i the airport because he had no papers and the airport was considered international grounds. some years after the initial incident the country he was in gave him the right to leave the airport but he has remained there for about a year or two now.

Now that looks better.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts