Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
no good except for giving me something to trace my steel home made one., the sucker is lightweight super soft aluminum. wont hold up to the need. so rather than serving its purpose..it just bends. the steel one will do the job but i will have to make an L bracket or a few weld on straps to keep it from moving. the steel one will hold alot more force alone, but i want solid. unless you L bracket it or strap it, it will move you just may not know it.

both tower brace and firewall brackets bend.
i will be making some for those whom want them for way cheaper, but they will be steel, homemade, and i will provide each customer a option of how to hold it in place. so reinforcing bracket of choice included. but i am not quite ready to offer them... well yes i am but i am real busy! you will need to either drill holes or two small spot welds under the lip of the firewall drip ledge. aside from the four mounting holes you would already have to drill.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: trukstopcowboy on 10/31/06 8:39am ]</font>

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ps no i didnt tighten it up too much making it bend, i have a trukstop cowboy in engineering. the part is a hoax unless done right. and in steel.
all i did was snug it up, i can only imagine the movement when the hood is closed and i am driving. do it right the trukstop way! i will take pics and share soon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts