Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i ordered a set of speedmaster " tall with hole" valve covers. Has anyone used a set? And will they clear roller rockers? They have it where each cover uses long bolts on two of the mounting holes? Are the bolts included and what size bolt thread are the 351 cleveland valve cover bolts in case i need to run up to the hardware store to find the correct 4 bolts. They say baffled but they should clear roller rocker arms correct? Speedmaster PCE314.1222: FORD 302 351C CLEVELAND SPEEDMASTER BLUE ALUMINUM VALVE COVERS - TALL W/ HOLE | JEGS

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i contacted speedmaster and they are no longer producing these valve covers and discontinued.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anyone know a ford cleveland valve cover that clears roller rockers for the 70-80$ price range. Mr gasket has an aluminum tall set for around 75$ but i read bad review of the gasket mating surface being uneven and leaking oil. Trickflows cost about 150$ which may end up forking cash over for those.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i ordered the mr gasket as speedmaster color valve covers are discontinued. The mr gasket dont seem like they sit straight or maybe warped. I read reviews on summit or jegs about having to sand the mating surface down where it had some high spots. Also anyone know what grommet fits the standard pvc valve or is there a 3/4 pvc valve that will work with 3/8th hose. Has anyone had a set milled to make them straight. They are about a 1/4" thick. Right when you open the box has .005 .010 .015 Has anyone tried a set or mr gasket valve covers?

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts