Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Originally when I bought the car it had running boards. Obviously removed those. I do feel however that there should be some sort of protection. I noticed that no one really uses mud flaps? I havent found anything that doesnt look cheesy? Is there anything decent out there? Or should I forget about putting them on?

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
My thought on flaps is that they can always be taken off when you want, or feel the need to, and enjoy the protection of your rockers and quarter panels the rest of the time. It will very much depend on how much you drive the car and the condition of the roads. If you drive it a lot you will definitely abrade the paint behind the wheels, front and rear. When I first got my XL it was my only car so I installed big flaps, the 12 X 18 rubber flaps. They line the back of the wheel house and kept the winter guck, snow, sand, salt, etc. from building up in all the nooks and crannies, and after I had the body done and painted, they kept the paint from being blasted off. Definitely not "show car" accessories, but it is not a show car and I don't worry about the paint on the rockers and quarters. Hey, a few screws and they`re off, if I want to.

·
Premium Member
4,010 Posts
And curb feelers/finders.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts