Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been searching the web for info on the Windsor Jr. heads I bought 'new' off Ebay, and I've found some info indicating that there was a version of the Windsor Jr. with 170cc intake ports. I thought there was only one Windsor Jr, and that it had 180cc ports, but it looks like I'm wrong. Does anyone know the casting numbers or otherwise how to identify which head I have?

·
Registered
110 Posts
The new ones say "ROUSH" on the side

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does that mean the ones that don't say roush on the side are the 170cc intake ports?

·
Registered
809 Posts
Doubt if you find much info on these heads, never heard of them having casting numbers. Just get a marked container and fill a couple of the ports to get an idea of what size they are.

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
When I got my Windsor Jr's I talked to them and there are some earlier castings and the heads do have casting numbers on them. I don't know which ones are the earlier and which ones are the later. There was at least one engineering change involved with these numbers that fixed something with the heads. Sorry I can't be of more help but its just been a while.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts