Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Premium Member
6,159 Posts
I want to put ac on my 62 406. Does anybody make multiple pulleys for the cup shaped crank pulley/harmonic balancer on the 62's?
Don't know if there is an aftermarket pulley but for a bolt-on 2-pulley C1AZ-6A312-C might work.. This 65 3-pulley (pic) fits completely over the balancer/pulley, it is C4AZ-6A312-A, I believe.

Beginning in 1968 the balancers were thicker and extended back toward the engine by about an inch. The timing marks were drawn on the balancer itself and the pulleys stayed in front of it. Professional Products makes a balancer that will replace almost all dampers but you will still need a pulley set for AC.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.