Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the motor will bolt in, since mine already has a 302 V-8.. But aside from it just bolting in, what all would I need to do to make it work? Im assuming I'd need a Mustang ECU, but what about the wiring? Would the engine/interior harness work or would it require modification?

Would the Mustang transmission work or would that require anything special as well?

Anyway.. If anyone has any info Id appreciate it. My F-150 has been sitting too long with no engine/tranny and I may have a deal for an engine and tranny out of a 91 Mustang.. Would make a nice performance upgrade =]

·
Registered
43 Posts
You can bolt the 302 right in since the 94 F-150, and all the 1990s trucks come with the small block pattern to fit the small block engines to the trannies. The 302 is an overall good engine yet, it is a car, rather than a truck engine, it maybe fast but it won't do as great of a job in hauling/towing of off-road (torque). But since you already have it, you might as well built it up, maybe think of stroking it later, but in any case it is an easy job to put it in. You might need engine mounts and a radiator, depending on which stock engine your F-150 (302, 351W...)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Also... check out the Engine Swaps forum at Ford Truck Enthusiasts, they have tons of threads about 302 engine swaps and the like... www.ford-trucks.com

1 - 3 of 3 Posts