Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever try to mount a set of Mustang Bullitt wheels onto a '63-'64 Galaxie? I found 4 in great shape, without tires, for only $300. Sure is a lot cheaper than what some are asking for a similar style.
Thanks guys,
Dave

·
Registered
4,154 Posts
you're gonna need wheel spacers, and that can set ya back another 2-300 bucks

·
Registered
981 Posts
I tried a set on the back, and ya, you'll need spacers and maybe longer studs too. The bolt pattern even bieng metric fits perfect, didn't try the front, so hard to say.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yikes! How thick of a spacer did it look like you would have to use? I ran 1/4" spacers on my 94 Cobra and they were fine with the stock length studs. But anything over that and I think I am asking for trouble. Thanks for the info.
Dave

·
Premium Member
3,340 Posts
Saleen sells take offs ( with tires too) for only 500- I think I'll geta set as the rubber alone costs that. Casco's up in ypsilanti michigan has them for 500 too.

the offset on the new 17x9's is a whopping 45mm. gonna need 1.5+ inch spacer to put them out at decent track width, might even need 2" to clear upper balljoint if 63 is anything like 65...16x7's w/25 offset are VERY close on my car. I think once youve looked at them for a while, the bullits are awfully flatfaced looking...I want a set of deepdish bullits already, but they require spacers too in the front, so nope- not me.

·
Registered
4,154 Posts
The larger 1.5 and 2 inch spacers are actually an adapter. They bolt to the hub, then the wheels bolt to them. My galaxie currently has them, and although it has nt seen street duty I've had two other vehicles (460 Mustang and a 2002 Ranger that I offroaded frequently) run the spacers, and I've never had an issue.

I

1 - 6 of 6 Posts