Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi im new to the forum and was wondering what it takes to hook up a carbed 302 like any wireing computers etc i have a 89 mustang 2.3l automatic i want to swap a 1984 mustang carbed 302 in it with a 4 speed standard and need some guidance

thanks

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
I has been some time since you posted your qustion but here goes.I basically swapped out my EFI 302 for a carbed 347 in my '89. Not hard to do. You will want to pull out all of the EFI wiring and compter. From there it is easy. Plop the new 302 in the engine bay. You can use the same "hot" wite from the iginition switch to fire your new dizzy set up. You may need to play with the alternator set up though. I went to a 1 wire 130AMP and all is well including the stock amp meter on the dash. The stock tach will not work (at least mine didn't) so I went with a dash mounted Autometer gage. I love it.You will probably have to play with the drive shaft length. I chose a FMS aluminum shaft. It worked great with the original T-5 as well as the C-4 that I replaced it with. Go for it. This has been done many many times before.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts