·
Registered
3,549 Posts

57 ford 9in. with 3:70

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 64 TBOLT on 4/15/02 8:49am ]</font>

·
Registered
170 Posts
Get that car off those concrete blocks, you are risking death, you should never use those

·
Registered
7,470 Posts
Those 57-59 Ford rear ends have extremely WEAK spring perches. Be sure to box them (if you haven't already) or they will roll under the first time your 'romp' on the throttle. Been there, done that! And it was just on the street with a 12 second engine, no bottle and radial tires.

Box em' or be sorry...

Good Luck!

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
had to move the spring pad anyways,got new ones,plus the traction bars,it aint goin no where

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 64 TBOLT on 4/15/02 4:55pm ]</font>

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
393: Is that C4 in the first pic the one you just went thru and is that the car it's going in? Looks like a small bellhousing and converter. Good work by the way.

64: Back in the old days it was quite common to view those '57-'59 smooth with no 'dimples' 9inchers under Mustangs and Falcons.I swapped in my fair share of them. I guess the rears being 43-45 years old makes them hard to find these days.

·
Registered
19 Posts
393clevor, great job. I Like the bars, may have to borrow the design for my II, also that looks like the tiny (141 tooth) bellhousing which would be identical with the one I pulled out of my 76 CBII.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
On 2002-04-15 20:21, Just Jim wrote:
393: Is that C4 in the first pic the one you just went thru and is that the car it's going in? Looks like a small bellhousing and converter. Good work by the way.
That's the one and when we got it apart we found it had been rebuilt not to long ago, you could still read the part numbers on the intermediate band and the clutches showed no signs of ware at all. We freshened it up anyway to be sure.

That's the car it's going in. I paid 50.00 for the car it had a new motor put in about 10 years ago. It was done at a Ford dealership and driven like 15 mile and then it sat in a barn for years. When it was rebuilt, the dealership failed to put antifreeze in it and it popped all the freeze plugs out of the block. The guy I got it from thought it was junk but it wasn't I put new freeze plugs in and put 15 pounds of air in it and it held the pressure over night. Best 50.00 I ever spent. Plus I sold the factory cam and gears for 20.00 so I'm into the car for 30.00 plus parts. Not to bad.

Shifts great too!!!

And yes it's the small flywheel and tiny bellhousing.

I have the conerter that came out of it and an extra bellhousing if anybody needs it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 393Clevor on 4/16/02 7:21pm ]</font>

1 - 10 of 10 Posts