Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am in need of a set of motor mounts to fit my king cobra. Summit offers a set that looks to be a universal set, has anyone used this on any of these on the mustang ii. here is the part # LKY-L7-1094 i dont know it it will work or not and would like to get some imput on it. Thanks

·
Registered
86 Posts
The only mounts that will fit exactly without any modifications are the Mustang II V8 mounts. The aftermarket (NAPA, AutoZone, Advance.. ) list a mount but it is NOT the right mount. I've had parts jockys from all of them tell me the mount I had was incorrect not the factory mount but it is. Ford quit making them several years ago. You can try ebay for some used or NOS ones.

The other option is a person in Canada is making rebuild kits for these mounts. You toss your current mount in the fire and burn off all the rubber, remove the stay pin, paint it then bolt in the replacement urethane block and you are good to go they will never come apart again.

They can be purchased from this vendor.
http://www.sscenterprises.net/4images/details.php?image_id=153&sessionid=9625dd286537c0e57985565e46ce1872

Good luck,
Tim

·
Registered
422 Posts
I can validate what Cobra is saying. I did a motor rebuild 6 months ago on my MII and purchased new motor mounts for my 2.3L 4c motor. Everything looked to fit right, until I started driving it. Motor shakes more then it did with the old worn out ones. I since purchased a set off of Ebay and the shaking stopped.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts