Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search first, but wondered if there is new info on this? I want to put a pair on my 63 Ranchero. I have the tower cap,now the shocks are next. What are you putting on?

·
Registered
380 Posts
My bird has Monroe up front and Gabriel in the back. The rear being old school HiJackers that I found on eBay.

·
Premium Member
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No ride problems?

·
Registered
380 Posts
Not from the curb to the driveway. The tires are Winston E60/14. I barely trust them going the quarter mile to the gas station. When it is totally street ready I'll be able to get a better idea about the handeling. As for now, an upcoming wedding for my daughter is eating away at my Falcon budget.

·
Premium Member
1,479 Posts
I'm running 90/10 drag shocks up front and Gabrial Hi Jackers (air adjustable) in the rear with seperate valves so I can do left/right pressure adjustments. So far they've worked okay but they are old school and probably outdated in design.

John

·
Registered
316 Posts
I have Summit adjustable shocks, designed for an early Mustang, on both the front and rear of my 1965 Falcon. I did change the front shock caps in order to run Mustang shocks.

·
Premium Member
4,010 Posts
Doesn't the difference in the shock length make up for it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I think most shocks use the same lower housing, with the same length as mustang. Iv had it come up on a few customers cars that wanted to go lower but you could see that the shock already was coming about 1/2" away from bottoming out. One had Koni's and the other had Gas-a-just

·
Premium Member
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just a bit lower from age!

·
Premium Member
1,153 Posts
Not from the curb to the driveway. The tires are Winston E60/14. I barely trust them going the quarter mile to the gas station. When it is totally street ready I'll be able to get a better idea about the handeling. As for now, an upcoming wedding for my daughter is eating away at my Falcon budget.
"Maypops" I've had those kind of tires before!

·
Premium Member
4,010 Posts
Only thing I can think of is more variety. Other than Wow.

·
Premium Member
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Much more to choose from.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts