Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, looking for a source to purchase some replacement bands for my ‘65 Cruise-O-Matic medium case. I assumed these came with the rebuild kits, but on going through mine, I see it does not. Anybody know where to get them? Unfortunately, I’m mid-tear down and was hoping to be finished sooner than later. Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello Jazzmeister,

You might wish to try these people Oregon Performance Transmissions Bands

Otherwise you may have to send your old band out for relining.

Good Luck

Cheers
Thanks…I was hoping you’d chime in. I will have to contact them about whether they have the specific one I need. I don’t see the medium-case MX as an option…these darn ‘65s seem to be unicorns when it comes to parts!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay, well score! I called Fatsco, and they have replacement bands (with a core charge for the old ones, so perhaps they are reconditioned). Hopefully I can get them by next weekend and wrap it up before I forget where everything goes! ;)

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm in Australia but should be places over your way do them ..
I did google that, and looks like there are a couple places here that do it...Hopefully the one's I'm getting from Fatsco are winners, so I won't have to figure that out.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I did google that, and looks like there are a couple places here that do it...Hopefully the one's I'm getting from Fatsco are winners, so I won't have to figure that out.
FATSCO supplies professional trans shops.
I’ve been using them for years.
Their stuff is good.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts