Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
Somewhat new to the forum.
Purchesed my 63 Fairlane Sports Coupe in May.
Since then I've made a lot of safety and reliability improvements to her.
Starting with all new bushings and ball joints front and rear. Added a Kelsey Hayes disc brake kit up front.
To the 260 V8 I've added a 3 row aluminum radiator, A Flex-a-lite electric fan, dumped the original generator for a 3G alternator, added some nifty valve covers and air cleaner, replaced ignition components with a MSD billit distributor and 6al box.
Last but not least, the Vintage Wheel Works V48s 17x7 and 17x8 wearing Hankook tires 205/45/17 fronts and 245/45/17 rear. Xenon HID/LED halos for the head lights.

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Shiny! (as my nephew would say). Nice stance, please tell me offset and mods, if any to fit wheels and tires on car. What size disk’s do you have up front and what parts did you use? I’m thinking of artillery style or steel wheels with poverty caps on my 63 S/C

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, everyone!

Redbox, the brakes are the Kelsey Hayes kit from CSRP http://www.discbrakeswap.com/Mustang Disc .html
The rotors are 11.3". They say that they require 15" wheels to clear the calipers. But, some 14" Mustang steals just fit in a pinch to move the car. Great kit! Came with everything you need. I've seen similar kits for a couple hundred more without SS brake lines and the parts unpainted.
The 17x7 up front have 3.75" BS. I think I have enough room to go with a little bit fatter tire. Like a 215 size.
The rears are 17x8 with 4 7/8" BS.
Tires rub the fender inners a little on hard cornering.
Other then being diligent and measuring the hell out of getting the backspacing right; no other major suspension mods.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts