Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If there is an addiction worse than this, I don't want to know what it is. Even though it ain't a racer. This ain't no Porch pooch, it will run with the big dogs. It is being switched over from FE power to 385. I love the FE's, but I can't afford to break any of the parts I own anymore.

1. <LI> Original cost: $175
    <LI> engine: 428, CME6 block, U1 crank
    <LI> Ported heads, 2.09/1.65
    <LI> Hyd cam w/ Rhodes lifters
    <LI> 780 cfm Holley (vac sec)
    <LI> Transmission: TCI, C-6
    <LI> TC: Fairbanks, 3200
    <LI> exterior color: Jade green
    <LI> interior color: Light green
    <LI> Wheels: Crager SS w/Knock offs
Sorry, I can't seem to get this picture stuff right.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Beoweolf on 6/19/02 7:34am ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Beoweolf on 6/19/02 7:45am ]</font>

·
Registered
557 Posts
Nice!

Its good to see you doing the swap! you'll be glad you did. FE's are cool for the cruising scene, but when the pedal hits the metal>> KABOOM! they're made out of glass it seems like, but the 385 series are a solid performer that will take 10 times the abuse without looking back

·
Registered
261 Posts
Now I know what my car looks like with cragars. Definatley looks nice, ( what would you expect me to say? It's almost a carbon copy right down to the emblems delete option.
) Of coarse I may be a little biased torwards the 65's.................

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I thought Travis would like it. I usually try to keep a low profile. When I came to the forum, Checking out Greg's 63 1/2, I saw your car and was shocked too. 'Course mine is more of a street cruiser. Yours is set on kill, much faster than mine, which is only set on stun. Mine looks almost stock, you wouldn't believe how many retired guys come by to tell me they had one just like it, then I start it up... Like you said, there is just something about 65's.

·
Registered
201 Posts
This is a totally hot '65! The dark green color highlighted by chrome really sets off the way-cool sharp lines! Speaking of which, I recall reading in an old magazine from late '64 a criticism of the '65 Galaxie styling as "a Detroit knockoff of Soviet Realism sculpture rendered in chiseled granite." Of course the image that comes to mind is that of those now-toppled massive stone statues of Lenin all done in sharply angular and square lines. A very funny way of putting it, eh?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts