Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys and girls. I wanted to tell you all about my latest project.I found a 1967 Futura station wagon at the local junkyard (If I knew how to add more than on attachment, I'd show you a picture of it.) and $800.00 dollars later, it was in my driveway. I figured I could use a project and I always wanted a hotrod wagon. This was as close as I could find to a Fairlane wagon but I like it. The body is super sweet and rust free. The paint is an almost perfect frosty yellow and the interior is in perfect condition with the exception of some soaking wet carpet. A wet vac and a few hours fixed that problem. I made sure the floorboards were OK before I decided not to replace the carpet. I have bigger fish to fry first,.
I had salvaged my 427 SB Windsor engine out of my 65 Ranchero. (I wrecked it on a test and tune accident when my throttle linkage jammed and I wasn't fast enough to shut it down.) Anyway, I did a once thru on the Windsor and have attached a photo. Sorry about my big a$$ being in the way. Victor Jr heads and a Scat 4.0 swing crank. 6.2 in. "H" beam rods and some bargain basement forged pistons. I think they were "Ross?"
I am going with a Comp Hydraulic cam with about 525 lift and 106 overlap. 288 Dur. To keep some semblance of streetability. Victor Jr intake Topped by a reconditioned Edlebrock 750 and a Pro-something or other HEI. one wire distributor.
I also took the 8 inch 3.88-1 spooled carrier from the Ranchero as well as the wheels but when I was changing the wheels I noticed that the rear end wouldn't spin like a standard differential. I took a closer look at the tag and saw hypoid oil only 3L00 code. That means its a true trac limited slip differential!! Anyway, That means that I don't have to change the rearend to a spool and can just change the ring and pinion onto the factory carrier.
I guess this is going to be a junkyard budget build like every one of my other projects, but I think it is going to be the sleeper of a lifetime. Wish me luck and I hope to see you all soon.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,010 Posts
Very nice, some people have all the luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts