Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HEY MustangII Fans...here is the deal...The v6 was taken out and a 302 installed...all system were GO...While driving the car for a few hours the system was not charging and finally ran the battery dead. I put on a new ALT, Voltage Reg, and Battery and used a volts meter and still not charging. Rewired everything as far as I could tell from a Chiltens Manual and tested it again and still no charge. Tested the Voltage reg and ALT and they were dead so went out and bought another ALT and Volts Reg and installed them and still no go...am I doing something wrong? Any other things to consider? All wiring looks ok...help plz

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The cars came from the factory with a 302 so it can belong lol...The car runs, just doesn't charge...but I'll look into the wires, but everything looked ok in that department.....

·
Premium Member
1,096 Posts
You should have a wire at the regulator that is hot with the key on. Also the large Batt. wire at the back of the Alt should be hot all the time, I think there should be a fuse link going to the starter solenoid, check that too.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
THE MUSTANG IS NOW CHARGING...RE-RAN SOME WIRES AND NEW ALT SOLVED IT...THANKS ALL!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts