Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
Welcome!

Nice to see a 70 1/2 Falcon show up here.

I don't think I have ever seen a 70 1/2 Falcon in person,it's definatly a "rare bird".

Very nice car Lonnie!!!!!!!!!!!

65 Falcon Sprint Super-Stock Replica
66 Galaxie 500-XL 428 4-speed
91 Mustang GT 5-liter 5-speed
95 F-350 XLT Super-Cab DRW 460
WANTED Sun "Mach 468" mounting cup

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DynoTom on 4/29/02 2:14am ]</font>

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Those 70.5's are rare bird's indeed! I'd like to get my hands on a 70.5 with the 429scj...About as close to a Thunderbolt as you could get in the 70's. Nice car.

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Welcome to Fordmuscle.com and the falcon pages Lonnie good to have you here. Your falcon looks very clean great looking car. I hope you will stick around a while. From your last year to my first year falcons their a great bunch of birds.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Man oh Man, it has been so long since i have seen a 70 1/2 Falcon!!! Used to own one back in 1972, had 351c 4v, 4 speed with 3.89's, headers and 2 boss 429 mufflers on it. That bird got me into a lot of trouble with the local fuzz for a couple of years. There were only 2 cars around our area that i couldn't show the taillites to in a heads up street race. One was a street hemi in a Challenger, the other was my cousin's '69 Belair with a 427 and 4 speed and 4.11 posi. Both those things would flat out haul. Quickest ride i had in the Falcon was a 12.96 in the 1/4 with 10.5 slicks. Needless to say it had a bit of a cam in it too. Wish i had never sold that car. Have only seen 2 of them in the time since. Mine was a 2 door post with a bench seat. Have never found out if that was the only way it could be had( never heard of a 70 1/2 Falcon with buckets). Buddy of mine had the same car with the shaker scoop on it, mine was the plain jane model in jade green(dark) with black interior. I keep watching for another one but no luck yet.
Current rides;
1956 Mercury 1/2 ton (351c 4v 4speed)
1979 Ranchero (under construction)
1948 Mercury project pickup
1991 f150 e/c 5.8 lariat

You have a great ride there
Later pops

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
OMF or Pops in Alberta

Did you have to clean the snow off your car Friday? or are you close to the capital?

Just curious as I am a transplant to the wet-coast from the home of the first UFO landing pad in the world.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey Blown54,
Nope didn't get any snow here in central Ab. My daughter drove thru snow on way up from Calgary tho, and it was most unpleasant. Been cool, big change from last week when it was 25-30 each day. Thanks for asking tho
Pops

1 - 9 of 9 Posts