Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Finally started back up on the Comet. I was happy to have the exhaust finished, I used Flowtech terminator series mufflers. They are a thad bit quiet compared to Flow Master 40 serie (which is what I may switch back to). I didn't want to run the exhaust to the bumper so i had them dumped just past the rear end.

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Update: Well after installation of the exhaust, I can hear a roaring sound. At frist I thought it was coming from the rear of the engine, but the second I pushed the clutch pedal in, the noise stopped. So I guess I will drop it down and change the clutch release bearing.

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Not yet Fred, I got side lined a bit on a 67 Mustang that I sold to a buddy, then I bought it back because he couldn't finish it. But I did finally get the clutch bearing replaced, changed the headliner to gray, and won a front windsheild on Ebay (just today), so Next week I plan on dropping a 5.0 HO engine and AOD trans into the Mustang, then it's off the the paint and body shop for the comet.

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Comet Update: I have been driving the Comet in Primer for the past month, working out all the bugs. It has been getting around 25mpg (provided that I don't put my foot in it). Damn this thing is fast. I am sending the 67 mustang to the body next week, then I will send the Comet after that.

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Got a few things done to the Comet. Wheels and dropper it in the front 2.5 inches. Still trying to get everything completed before I can send it to the paint and body shop. Here are a few pics with my new wheels and drop.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Been having so much fun driving the comet that I have not slowed down enough to get it painted (that and the million and one other projects). Well I ran into a small set back, bent a valve on the right bank (I was in her pretty good) keeper let go. Damage was a bent valve, hair line crack in the valve guide. At least it don't knock a hole in the piston.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Finally back on the road again. As it turns out it's not ok to turn a small block 6500 with .542 lift and 85 psi at the seat. It just amazing that I didn't tear this engine up sooner. After removing the head taking it to the machine shop, the only damage was a bent valve and hairline crack in the valve guide. I decided to check the springs on the driver side head and it was 75 psi at the seat. I bought this engine already running out of a 93 cobra didn't think to check everything since it was in a running car (my mistake). Well everything is back together and she's running very good. here are a few more pics.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Got the Comet Painted, will finish the rest of the trim later.

Attachments

41 - 51 of 51 Posts