Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just thought I'd share pics of my car and see what y'all would say about it. it was mostly rust free when I bought it with only minor rust in the floor boards. so far I have the body work mostly done, new 9" rear narrowed 2" per side, new rear leafs springs, glass fenders hood and bumpers, and this weekend will start installing a MII type front suspension. after the first of the year will start building my motor.
[/IMG]

·
Registered
63 Posts
it's bitchin! thats what i says about it. .My favorite year of Comet. .

FE going in it i hope?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the flat black is just the primer but I was thinking of painting it that way but just don't know yet. I've already got some small block parts but it will be a 408w. my plan is to drag it on weekends with a little street driving. I still need to lower the rear after I get the front suspension done. anybody used sliders to replace the rear shackles? I think using them might lower it a couple of inches.

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
If youre using a windsor, you may want to consider just notching the shock towers rather than going to an MII style suspension. It would probably save a lot of work and still give you header clearance. Its not too uncommon to stuff a windsor between the stock shock towers, though it does make for some restrictive headers, depending how much power youre trying to make.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ya the 351w would fit fine but header choice is really limited. I couldn't find any 1 7/8 headers to fit and besides I wanted the better driving rack and pinion setup.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hey folks, i don't post very much but I would like to show a little more progress I made to my Comet. I scrapped the plans for a 408 when I found a 514 that is brand new. the 514 has nodular crank, crower h beam rods, BRC pistons, comp solid roller with .720 lift, comp stainless rockers, comp rocker girdle, A460 heads and intake, and BG rs king demon. I need to buy a bellhousing and mid plate next so I can get the motor mounted in the car. I also still need to modify the firewall. here's the motor in the engine bay, it's just hanging from the cherry picker though.
[/IMG]

·
Registered
678 Posts
Just curious, but what headers are you going to get to clear the frame rails and steering linkage with that engine? Let us all know how it goes because it looks pretty interesting.

·
Premium Member
4,010 Posts
Very anxious to see how all this comes together, you need post more and keep us up to date. Nice ride.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
custom headers is the only way to go for this one. I'll get a set of 2 1/4" primary tubes with 4" collectors made for it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts