Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took her to the drags & it was quite an experience. I'll be as brief as possible: I'm 48 years old. Last time I raced at the drags was back in the 70s when I had a '65 Mustang. Oh yeah, after that I had a '67 A code fastback that I ran. Did I mention that I also had a '69, '71 & '73. I was such a deprived kid. (Forgot to mention the '71 Pantera. Was scarey) Anyway, you'd think I knew how to drive but I guess not because:
I'm at the line, light turns red(yeah, I don't leave until it's red!)
I put the petal to the floor... STUPID!!!
The car's got around 430 HP with a 3.55 open rear end.
Anyway, my granny could have outrun me(on foot) for the first 60 feet. I'm spinning all the way through first, then all the way through 2nd. It veers to the left lane & I'm fixing to lose it. I shut it down, get back into my lane. By this time the quarter's almost over. I was pretty disappointed with a 14.20, but with a new driver & gears, she'll probably run 9's!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Sounds like my first trip with the comet. Wheel hopped so bad I thought it was going to rattle the fillings out of my teeth!! I don't even want to discuss my et..

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Cool, that sounds like fun.

It is good to see you are out there haveing a good time with your hotrod.

Kinda reminds me of my first time to the track with my first hotrod, I remember pulling to the stageing lights for the very first time, my heart was pounding, my hands were sweaty, I was so nervous, but you would not have known it untill I was thru the stageing lights headed for the 60' mark before I realized I had passed the stageing lights. It was so funny, my friends have never let me forget it either.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts