Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my truck is parked till I can figure what to do with the starter probs. No biggie I say, I'll put my Mustang back together, put it back on the road. So I get up this mornin, finish wiring my Jacobs Ignition, hook up the carb, and get her runnin. Ok, good so far. Swap insurance over, no price increases, even better.

Heres where it all goes to hell. I show up at the smog place, car wont pass, shes smokin a lil. Oils old, so I figure I'll do a change and be ok. Changed the oil, no smoke, but carb is way off. Lots of tuning later, car is in the zone, and running like snot. While they were doinkin around taking their time, my car hits 265 on the temp guage and blows a seem in my radiator. Great. Grabbed the hose and cooled it all off (running the hose over the rad at an idle) kept it there, got car smogged, passed but cost me $40 do to carb tuning (or should I say untuning). I guess I got lucky, I didnt loose a head gasket. I tell ya, this engine has overheated more times than I can count (desert heat sucks) and its goin just fine. Course I just jinxed myself, but hey, thats how the day is goin....

Next stop is my radiator shop. gonna build me a radiator, but wont do it till I have a shroud, so he can be sure it all fits. (makin me some kickass 4 core radiator that could suck the heat from the sun itself) So a quick stop to a few places online, hopefully have a shroud in a few days.

So here I sit, a truck that cant start, and a Stang with a gabing wound in the radiator and no plates. god I could puke. On the plus side, I've had 4 beers, and Im workin on #5. The pain is gettin easier thats for sure.

·
Registered
4,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yessir, sittin at #7 now

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
I feel for ya, man. But, it really could be worse. You dodged a good size bullet, *or more like round), with the not popping a head gasket thing, (or worse).

Enjoy the beers!

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Trust me, i'am sure it could be worse,no beer in the frig,go to the store, get held up. Then theres even being so pissed that while taking off the cap you break the bottle lip. Been there done that,at that point just go to the taco place and have a few tacos with 3 or so coronas. While hopeing the whole time that tommorow will be better and 99.99% it is.

·
Registered
4,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh I agree with all, it could have been much worse. Bud light instead of my coronas for instance. It was just a horrible crappy day that Im glad was over.

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
I got everyone beat. Got fired after 20 years. Just bought a house & land, $1600 a month. Got an 8 second car that sits in the shop, 4$ a gallon I ain't got(had to 60' it on pump gas). Got 2 big block cars, neither one drives. Got a Porsche, oil cooler is shot,$1000. My F-150 has a tranny going out... on top of that... Doctor said NO MORE ALCOHOL!!!!! Looks like I picked a bad year to quit drinkin!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts