Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night my car overheated and I thought it was simply me not puting water into my radiator in a while but it turns out the source of the problem is much worse then I thought. Now the engine is runing really ruff, and we think its becuase the oil isnt geting to the bearings on the crank. Our mechanic said to fix it he would have to take out the engine and basically rebuild the lower half of the engine. I was planing on rebuilding the entire engine anyways in about a month (at least I should have enough money to do it by then) but I was wondering how much a 351C engine rebuild would ring me up? The mechanic wanted 1200-1500 to do just the lower part and I thought that was a little steep but I really dont know. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

Bobby.

·
Registered
59 Posts
With light machine work and a rebuild kit from PAW in Chattsworth you can get away with about $600 to 700 if you do all the work minus machineing yourself. If you overheated you must get the block and preferably the heads also magnafluxed to check for cracks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts