Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a stock 460 that I am trying to get my Hp up for drag racing looking to get into the high 10s or low 11s so pistons first.... I plan on shooting a 200 shot of nitrous and I want to install a better piston I dont plan on taking in the block to the machine shop it was rebuilt a year ago all I want is a better piston and crankshaft but I dont know were to start to look at for the best compression, and durability I was told flat top pistons, and what type of stroke will I be looking at????I am porting my C9 Heads can someone explain to me what I should be looking at as far as the best pistons and crank that wont break the bank????

·
Banned
6,355 Posts
So I have a stock 460 that I am trying to get my Hp up for drag racing looking to get into the high 10s or low 11s so pistons first.... I plan on shooting a 200 shot of nitrous and I want to install a better piston I dont plan on taking in the block to the machine shop it was rebuilt a year ago all I want is a better piston and crankshaft but I dont know were to start to look at for the best compression, and durability I was told flat top pistons, and what type of stroke will I be looking at????I am porting my C9 Heads can someone explain to me what I should be looking at as far as the best pistons and crank that wont break the bank????
'"no machine shop"' . ''rebuilt a year ago'' OK , now are you ready for the questions ?

1- was the block bored during the rebuild ?
2- what is the bore size ?
3- what cubic inch do you want ?
4- what type of car/truck ?
5- what performance/race parts do you have on hand now ?
6- you have a budget ? 6-a what is the budget ?

All those question must be answerd or I'm out

·
Registered
326 Posts
200 shot of nitrous ? never rebuilt a motor ? hope your only planning on one trip down the strip and there is a chance some of the engine might beat you to the finish line .....

·
Banned
6,355 Posts
200 shot of nitrous ? never rebuilt a motor ? hope your only planning on one trip down the strip and there is a chance some of the engine might beat you to the finish line .....
first timers , if there smart enough to answer and follow advice .
Its an easy button

·
Premium Member
5,912 Posts
can someone explain to me what I should be looking at as far as the best pistons and crank that wont break the bank????
Probe and Diamond pistons are mentioned a lot by racers. Bur surely if you are familar with NOx you have some ideas of your own. Toss them out here and let's see.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts