Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
Looks like you have a car in good shape to start with.
What type seat (seats) are in the front?
NEVER MIND I just saw them on post a picture.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Congratulations. 67 Fastback is IMO one of the coolest Galaxies

·
Premium Member
5,860 Posts
1965 - 1667 Galaxies rule!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Shawn, looks like a great car in pretty good shape. We have one too. Hope you get it like you want. Lots of good guys and gals on here that are always ready to help. What size engine do you have?

·
Premium Member
3,641 Posts
1965 - 1667 Galaxies rule!
hey now....that's a matter of opinion....:eek:
i think 63 1/2 - 64 Galaxie Rule!!!..:D

by the the way...Nice 67...:)

·
Premium Member
509 Posts
Nice! Gotta agree with Putts, nothing against the other years but I have a thing for the 65 and up Galaxies. Looks like a solid starting point and suspension work isn't that bad, did it the first time myself last summer.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey thanks everyone. I did get this car off of Buffalo Craigs List about 3 months ago. It was 2 grand without the tranny. $700 had the previous owner repair and install the tranny for me. Well, repair is being used loosley. I dont know if the B&M floor shifter needs adjustment or if theres a problem somewhere else.
It does have good bones to begin with though. I bought the car from somewhere past Rochester without test driving it at all. It wasnt even started up for me when I gave the $1200 down payment but I knew whatever problems it had could be fixed.
I was told it has Mustang buckets in the front. So far I have put about a grand into it. New Holley 650, battery, plugs, rotor, points, cap etc. My heater would not stay blowing on high so I replaced the blower motor and resistor. Didnt help the problem. Put in a AM radio that was supposed to work but it didnt ($75). Chrome trim for the exterior rear window was $175 at a scrap yard. I am having a problem with the little pivot hinges for the vent windows. They became un-spot welded and fell off. Cant find new ones unless I get replacement vent windows for $150 each. But thats half the fun, looking for and finding these old parts.
Im going for kinda a mild resto mod I guess. Not original but not over the top destroying the character of the car.
Attached are a few before and after pictures.
supposed to be numbers matching 390, C6 with 4:11 gearing.
I buffed half the trunklid and it came out pretty good.

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Nice job on the interior and trunk. Big difference!

Don't forget to check eBay for parts, I found a driver's side door glass for a decent price. DarienAutoParts.com has quite a few 67 parts, but I think they're a little pricey.

You're in Buffalo? Maybe we'll catch up at a cruise night next year.

·
Premium Member
5,860 Posts
Looks great but dude you need a cupholder!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Congrats on the car. It's really beautiful and a good deal.

The 67 has the most interesting dash because the 66 and the 68 look similar, but the 67 has all that nice chrome fins.

I wonder how it were lit up like there were recessed lighting. That would be sweet. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts