Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 64 galaxie with a 289. It runs fine, but I came up on a 390 with a c6 cheap. It's out of a 66 T-bird. Besides motor mounts and a radiator are there any other issues with doing this swap? Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I just bought a 64 galaxie with a 289. It runs fine, but I came up on a 390 with a c6 cheap. It's out of a 66 T-bird. Besides motor mounts and a radiator are there any other issues with doing this swap? Any help is appreciated.
Slight modification to the trans crossmember, and then of course adapting the linkage depending on the trans, but other than that it should go straight in.

Congrats on the car and let's see some pics!

·
Premium Member
1,060 Posts

Welcome ocbeerdrinker, love your user name :). The '64 rules the Galaxie world, in my opinion. The 390/c6 will give you a bunch more power for sure and with room to spare.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts