Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My wife and I picked up this 64 more door on Monday night, I haven't had time to clean her up yet but here's a few pictures for now.

Were the 3rd owner's, original owner had it for 45 years until he passed away. It's complete and a driver, has the 289 2v which was rebuilt in 95. I put over 200mi on her this week commuting to work and I am a happy camper. Haven't found any rust at all. Built and originally bought in Texas.
First round of mods
disc brake kit $350 chevy parts from a local guy
wheels and tires- trying to choose between 15x7f 15x8 Reverse AWC supreme or 18x8f 18x9.5 American racing salt flats. tire size?
Full scratch built wiring harness
Replace all dash bulb with leds
2-3 drop aerostar springs, blocks in the rear
Shocks- any recommendations?
seat belts replace fronts and add rears
small stereo system to replace the blown speakers
2 way alarm system, door pops etc.
Remove purple tint!

I'm new to the forum and not to familiar with Galaxies so I may have a few questions?

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Nice ride ya got there.I would drive that sucker anywhere, love a 4 door. Gona go look at a 61 skyliner tomorrow, a 64 galaxie with 390, 3 duces, a 67 gto and 2 1965 side oiler 427 engines. I am gona enjoy this moring walking through all these cars for sell. I just hope I can find one I can afford to bring home.

Welcome to ford Muscle Forums . Look behind your car at the tail pipe. I think there is a chebby your 64 ate somewhere in that 200 mile trip ya took. Get it out, it looks unbecoming.

·
Premium Member
1,060 Posts
Welcome to the forum :). Wow, you sure found a sweeeet Gal, I even like the looks of the skirts on that one. As nice as that is I wouldn't put anything but 15" wheels on it, and some bigger tires of course ;)

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Gona go look at a 61 skyliner tomorrow, a 64 galaxie with 390, 3 duces, a 67 gto and 2 1965 side oiler 427 engines. I am gona enjoy this moring walking through all these cars for sell. I just hope I can find one I can afford to bring home.
DAMN some people have all the luck....:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
My wife and I picked up this 64 more door on Monday night, I haven't had time to clean her up yet ?

I got a 65 Galaxie for my wife. Best deal I ever made....

Ta-dum.

·
Registered
336 Posts
That is a pretty car you have there...always loved the 63 and 64 more doors!!! If it were mine I would keep it 100% original...but then again, that is just me...Do what YOU want to do to the car....just DO NOT do what the sorry bast*rd did to that 61 Starliner that is on Ebay...(There is a thread "Do the wheels make the car" http://www.fordmuscleforums.com/galaxie-pages/512768-do-wheels-make-car-61-starliner-ebay.html). If you do that you will be shot, skewered, hanged, etc, etc by 99.9% of the forum members.....can't you tell I hate what that guy did to that car........ Welcome!!

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I'll bet 'boot' was required.... ;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
No I won't be putting on 24's or whatever ridiculous wheel that Starliner has. Edit- wife wants to order supreme's now are there any issues with the 15x7 reverse? Any suggestions on tires brand and size? I wanna run narrow whites with a 2-3in drop.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Very clean Galaxie, good to see another 4 door on here. I am waiting to get my seal to put my skirts on. JIMMY

Here is my 63, I will be doing 14x6 supremes standard with skinny whites, bellflower tips, air ride, chrome the bumpers and of course the skirts

·
Administrator
21,676 Posts
Welcome to the forum 1Bad, that is a nice ride. I normally can't stand a '64 with skirts but like GT300 said, that doesn't look bad. Must be the color or something as i normally gag when i see them. LOL Great find and hope you enjoy it many years!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks guys, i was actually gonna pull the skirts off till I saw the how they were received here. Wheels and tires going on this week ,and we'll go from there.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts