Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #41 (Edited)
I went for a drive to my kids house. It got dark on the way home and started to rain. The lights have never been any problems, so I am thinking lets go out for pizza. As I pull out on the two lane black top in the middle of Florida, I hit the blinker switch so the on coming traffic is not blinded by my bright lights. There was no problem with that as all the head lights went black. I just drove with the bright lights on as they are not that bright, and I like to see where I am going.

After trouble shooting it to the blinker switch, the parts store gave me this to fix the problem.

One of the headlights started blinking on and off after this was installed, I pulled it out and installed a new one after using some bulb grease on the fittings to help with the oxidation and water we have in the swamp I live in.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
When I installed the switch, I removed the wet carpet and loose tar paper. OUCH. This is a picture of the damaged driver side floor.
I guess for a fifty 4 year old car I cant complain much.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #43 (Edited)
Got some more time. The front end wonders all over, and the inside of the tires show damage real quick. Its time for a bushing, ball joint, and general front end repair. This is a picture of the Idler arm assembly. It seems there are different ones for the 1964 year. The early one measures about 4.75 in from castle nut to castle nut. The late one measures 5.75 in or so.

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Ya. any headlight I change to are going to put to much load on the existing wires. I can use the existing wire as a trigger on the relay to run the better headlights.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts