Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here it is, i just made the deal today [ pick it up next week ] , im so so happy i have a Galaxie back in my life, it needs some work, but its running, has a 289, does that mean it has a cruisomatic ?.

Heres the pics :

·
Registered
583 Posts
COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!,that thing looks to be very solid,I know how you feel i just bought mine back in feb. and just recently got it on the road.I't [email protected]#[email protected] awsome,I drive it to town and people stare and point,I get thumbs up all the time.One day my wife and kids and i were driving down a side street going home and a lady prob around 20 or so was walking with a little kid when she saw(she prob heard my 3" exhaust first) me coming she stoped and watch me go by and you could hear tell the little boy"thats a galaxie" I love driving it,I make up reasons to go into town now(20 minute drive on way)The only problem is about every other trip cost me around $40.00 at sunoco!!!!!!!!! So what happened to the 63 !/2 ? Good luck!!!!!!

·
Registered
825 Posts
Look at the transmission pan underneath. If its square its a c-4. I think cruiso tranmission pan has a little notch in one corner and c-6 transmission has a big notch in one corner. My 64 gal had a c-4 / 289 combo.

Cool car !!! I want me another 64 someday.....

·
Registered
830 Posts
lgh1157, right on !! Looks like good.Black Cal plates too !!! So did you get a good deal on it? Hows the trim? What look are you going to go for?

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Correct me if I am wrong but the dip stick on the cruis-o screws into the side of the pan where as the C-6, and I believe the C-4, have the dip stick screwing to the tranny itself.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Im going with my supremes and im cutting of that hot topic [email protected]#t thats on there, im getting rid of the fender skirts [ how much are they worth - plastic ] , the lake pipes, the crites headers [ i think they are crites ] , the bullets on the trunk, and all the skulls that are all over the car, its a custom cruiser not a hot rod.

Its gonna be low with the bellflowers like my old 63, im gonna D.A the roof and paint it a white pearl for now, first the engine will get some attention

I scored it for $1200.

I know that sounds good, but it needs alot.

L

·
Administrator
21,795 Posts
Here's the tranny ID site. Should be a cruiso of one breed or another.

http://www.autotran.us/fmABpg21.htm

Cool lookin ride and there's another one with seats better than mine!! Mine are almost disintigrating before my eyes and I won't have nothing left for a pattern by the time I get to it. All 64s are great in my book!

deb

·
Registered
830 Posts
very nice!!!! I m sure it will look just as sweet as your 63 !!!

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey bro,

Yeah sure, i'll be doing it all this time, and this time the right way

L

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hey lgh1157,

If you don't want those bullets on the trunk... I'll take them off your hands! My '62 Mercury Meteor is riddled with those bullets... although some are real!

Tom - GlassPacks

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok, i'm getting the car this weekend and im gonna start tear all the [email protected]#T off right away, i'll let you know

L

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
Congrats!. I cant wait to see how she turns out!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts