Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked this baby up last week for 3850.00 it's a 63 Fairlane 170 A/T plain jane it's been sitting for a while and needs a bunch of de-bugging it was a trailer queen back in the day and has only been driven about 5 mile in 20 years... mms_picture (7).jpg

mms_picture (5).jpg

mms_picture (6).jpg

IMG_3721.jpg

mms_picture (9).jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Great looking car! I have a 64 that I havent been able to do much with, hopefully when it warms back up, but I just told my wife the other day if I ever get a chance to get a 62 or 63 I will have to jump on it. Something about those fins on the back I just love em. Nice ride!

·
Premium Member
3,641 Posts
SWEET DEAL:tup:
dont look like you should find to many Gremlins in there....:)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Nice! That's what i call a shine and dine take a rag to her and take her out to dinner :) You wont find many like that one laying around Good Find. Congrats.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SWEET DEAL:tup:
dont look like you should find to many Gremlins in there....:)
The guy I got the car from never drove it on the road after it was restored the it has a bunch of things that need to be fixed and tweaked, it's running like crap It has an nos carb but I think it might need a rebuild and the aliment is waked and and on and on hopefully I can get all this stuff taken care of, It has 13'' us royal bias tires and there new but, I might change them for the 14'' with radials out of my Galaxie, I didn't like the way they ride, but it could be the aliment, anybody know what it would take to change out the 6 for an 8 it looks like it has a 8'' rear so that should be ok...

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
13's were stock 14's were optional, even on the Sport coupe.
When i got my 62, she threw in all the parts he husband had accumulated & i stuck the 13's with B.P tires on just for a laugh, driving it had a mind of its own, any kind of rut or low point the tires would follow the ruts, weave for side to side, how did they drive in a straight line with those tires!
Just switching to 15;s & radials made the car feel like i re-re;d the steering parts.
Thats a Beautiful f;lane & a great buy too.
lots of info & parts over at the Fairlane Club of America too

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I found my problem with the engine the transmission modulator was blown out and loosing vac, on to the next thing...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts