Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wasn't home yesterday but the boneyard that I deal with at work had someone drop by and pick up my parts car (77 Granada).

I spend the last few weeks stripping it down after getting "Project Sleeper" rolling with the engine and trans out of it.

I got pretty well everything that I know would work in my 78 car (switches, wiper stuff, heater stuff, body parts, you get the idea). It was looking pretty nasty after I was done and I'm glad it's gone. I also used it as a garbage can also, all the 6 cyl. stuff and old fluids (stored in empty coolant bottles) was stashed in the trunk and the interior.

The GF was home and she told me the guy came to get the car with a flatbed. This might sound strange but I do feel a bit of sadness sending another Granada to the scrapyard in the sky (this is the third one)
but a big part of it is still alive and kicking in my 78 car and there's still a lot of highway miles ahead for it to travel. It's just too bad I wasn't able to see it go on the flatbed.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
I got my parts car taken away a week ago today. I was glad to get rid of the car,lol. No fenders, doors, hood, glass, trunk, trim, front end, etc. It was ugly, and neighbours kinda freaked, but it had a full life, and parts of it still live on in the US, and Canada. And the guy who took it needed the roof, so it didnt go to waste.

Rick

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
T Chan, those Granadas are getting hard to find around here!

About 2 years ago I needed to get the front spindles from one to convert the Falcon to disk brakes.

I looked through all the junkyards around here for a Granada/Monarch and came up with nothing.

I was just about to give up when my friend told me about a Granada down the block from me that was hit hard in the back and looked like it was totalled?

I stopped in and talked to the owner of the car and he said I could have what ever I wanted off the car?

He was not very mechanical and wanted to watch how the front end spindles came out of the car?

He was very interested in how the front end was made on the car and how it came apart.

It took about 45 minutes to pull the spindles off,I gave him $30 for the parts I took.

He sometimes drives by my house and checks out the Falcon and says to his kids "this car has parts from our old car on it"....................I always say to him the old Granada parts will have a very different life than they did in that 6 cylinder Granada.......how does 700 + horsepower sound?

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Can't believe you guys have someone haul 'em off. I haul 'em in to the scrapper for extra change. No one around here gives them away anymore.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts