Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Does it cool any better. I was looking at replacing my belt driven fan for a better one.
My 70 XL has a belt driven fan like that pulling air through the radiator and an electric one on the front pushing air through, but she still gets very hot. (not overheating so much now I've realised the electric fan was going the wrong way and fighting the belt driven fan)

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Took it for a test drive rode it hard lots of higher revs cams back and idled in the drive way temps rose to 195 fan came on stayed dropped a little but held at 190ish
I’ll need a real hot day but so far I’m happy

·
Super Moderator
21,514 Posts
Was great to see you Saturday my66, been a day or two!!

We basically idled half the way home, that freeway was a mess so nobody going anywhere quickly. My car never overheated or even really close with the aux fan on it. Best thing I ever did to the car! Avg 15mph for over an hour.

I kept my existing fan and i have mine set up with a toggle switch so I can turn it on when I think I need it. Works great!

·
Premium Member
5,566 Posts
I have the stock fan and am considering an aux fan in front. I have an A/C condenser up there, so I'm wondering if that would block out half of the potential benefit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts