Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and name the bumper!
ok i need bumper guards for when i am parked in the city. folks round here will hit your car to get in and out of spaces and i have new bumpers on my 66. where can i find these? or something similar?

bet you dont know where they are from! i dont think they made these bumpers in the states...did they?!

·
Registered
813 Posts
Well, the car looks like a 68 Fairlane with homemade bumper guards and cheesy tubing on top of the bumper...ala 60's VW Bug or early 70's Datsun Z.

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Yep, looks like a 68 or 69 Fairlane or Torino hood, grill, and fender.

That is not a new car in the picture so I say the guards were added later in its life.

Bumper gaurds like that were commonly available in the 60's and 70's through places like JC Whitney. Often they were exact fits for the vehicle. Never saw the upper grill tubing though.

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
The bumper looks like it could be off the rear of something?..The cutouts at each end probably were to clear the tail lights...It kind of blocks the turn signals on this car.

·
Registered
281 Posts
The latest Fairlane Club of America magazine shows (I think) a 1975 Argentinian Fairlane that looks very much like a 1969. Those might be the bumpers you are seeing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts