Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey anyone have a good resource for Nascar Torino info? I am building sort of a quasi road racer replica
Any idea why they seemed to have used galaxie frame front clips?
Thanks

·
Registered
460 Posts
What year torino are you building? if its a 68 or 69, Just search for Torino Talladegas in google search or google images, youll find some sites. I had to do it at one point but i didnt write down any of the sites.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya that is where I have gotten most of my info so far, still not sure exactly why they would do it that way but maybe for simplicity and strength I guess
I basically am planning to build that car but with M/T street tires and flat black paint
I'd like to get my hands on a Talladega front clip but I'm thinking that might not be easy never mind the cost

Here's another site with some good pics: Benny Parsons ARCA Torino 1969 : Legendary Collector Cars

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
I don't know for sure, but back in the day, NASCAR had rules about components that had to come from production street cars. I am guessing the cobbled together frame set up was a way of complying with the rules. I don't think anyone would do it like that if they did not have to.

Here's a guy that made his own fender extensions for his Cyclone Spoiler clone - TorinoCobra - Torino and Cyclone Technical Forum :: View topic - My 69 Cyclone CJ 4 speed

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm gonna do it that way because I like to do thing the hard way for some reason

Wow those fender extensions are impressive, I guess that just goes to show that anything is possible if you put in the effort

1 - 7 of 7 Posts