Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that I have my engine back from MME, I am on a mission to get the truck arm rear suspension installed. I am posting a couple pictures of the kit prior to installation for any of you guys who woul like to consider this setup as an option to rid yourself of the triangulated four link that is in these cars and is famous for roll steer, & bump steer issues.

I have read the directions a dozen times and I really am quite surprised. I am sure it will be a challenge, but if you get the mounting pads on the rear end housing in the right place, and get the cross member in the car square, 51.5 inches in front of the rear end center-line, the rest of the install looks to be very straight forward. We will see. Updates to follow.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Says "Bud Moore" up top. Old school ford racer intake, early 70's nascar stuff?
Looks killer, but no good for the street as far as I know...IMHO...but man I want one.
The truck arm setup looks interesting, please get some detailed install pictures.
I'd go get some before video of maybe an open track run, then once you are done, another road test on a track.
Killer!!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
eliteman76 is correct. It is left over Bud Moore Engineering Gand National stuff actually about 1975 vintage.

I went over the engine build in detail and posted the dyno numbers on the 351cleveland.net forum.

I am pretty sure it will run OK

I am trying to do the car as David Pearson - Wood Brothers #21 Grand National clone.

I will post some pictures of the rear suspension install in the next week or so.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Is that truck arm setup a kit, or did you fab it up? I am looking to install that identical system in our '71 Torino Wagon open road racer project.

Greg

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The items shown in the picture were purchased in kit form from Steve @ Hot Rods To Hell.

The web site is: http://www.hotrodstohell.net/

Also included in the kit, but not shown in the pictures are a set of chrome Carrera race shocks, and all the hardware and brackets required to complete the installation.

Take a look at the web site. There are dozens of different cars that have been documented there. You should be able to get what you want.

Be ready to drop about $2500.00 for everything to complete the install.

Good luck with your project.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mtburger on 11/21/06 2:03am ]</font>

1 - 7 of 7 Posts