Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello gents

My son just bought a BII with a grenaded motor. boy was this thing trashed. I live in the LA area and was wondering if anyone can point me in the direction of where to get a running motor or long block? Anyone out there have one for sale. It doesn't look like there is a piece that will be salvageable. spun a bearing - three rods and pistons are in pieces. I haven't check the heads for cracks. When we checked the rod bolts - they all were loose? The motor only had 124K

How are these little V6's?

Thanks in advance
Jim

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts
The bronco motors are supposed to be a GREAT motor according to the guys on this website, mine just turned 180,000 and doesnt burn oil at all- as far as where to get one... id say autozone cause every time i go to the junkyard the bronco 2 and ranger v6 motors are gone-

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks...so there good little motors? I have seen two of them and they both have had rods let go with bad results as you can imagine.

I'll give autozone a call. I hope they dont need a core
- cause this one that I have now is TORE UP.

Jim

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts
after 180,000 miles i decided to do a timing chain, it totally didnt need it, everyone told me they last forever. when i pulled the front of the motor off it looked alot like a 289 in there-

·
Registered
3 Posts
I HAVE ONE HERE IN MICHIGAN MOTOR IS PRETTY MUCH COMPLETE. IF YOU WANT IT COME AND GET IT. FREE!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
209,000 and still strong

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 64 TBOLT on 7/10/06 5:30am ]</font>

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was just back in Detroit mid-June. I live here in the LA area - so - there is no way now. My kid is going to visit the junk yards here this weekend - just don't know if the motors you pull from a wrecked car would be OK?

Jim

1 - 9 of 9 Posts