Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks, I need a speedo cable for my 64 Gal fast back. I have a Richmond super t-10 tranny and being new to this that's all the info I have. What info do you need to determine what cable you need to buy ?
The cable was not hooked up when I bought the car.Any help is very welcome...
Thanks guys,
Red

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, I called the Richmond transmission company today and they tell me all of their trannys are made for GM applications.
MY QUESTION IS, CAN YOU PUT A GM PRODUCT(THE SPEEDO GEAR) ON THE GALAXIE (FORD PRODUCT) CABLE ?? I AM TOLD THAT I NEED A 22 TOOTH SPEEDO GEAR PART # 3987922 ,THAT IS A GM PART,DRIVE GEAR HOLDER PART # IS 345 215, AND A HOLD DOWN RETAINER PART # 3708148. MY TIRES ARE 27" (255-60-15) AND MY REAR END IS A 9 INCH FORD 380.HAS ANYONE ELSE PUT A FORD SPEEDOMETER CABLE IN A RICHMOND SUPER T-10 ? THE PREVIOUS OWNER PUT THIS TRANNY IN AND HAD TROUBLE WITH IT FITTING AND HAD TO SEND IT BACK TO RICHMOND A COUPLE OF TIMES TO GET IT TO FIT RIGHT.
ANY HELP YOU CAN GIVE IS MUCH APPRECIATED !
RED

·
Administrator
21,676 Posts
If you could find what the end looks like for the T10 and have one for ford, maybe there is a place than can make one for it? I don't remember what the end of the GM one looks like, been too long. But maybe hit a junk yard and nab one and do some studying, might be able to make the 2 into 1? I was thinking somewhere that makes hoses and other stuff might be able to do something but i really don't know. There might even be an adaptor?

This is a copy and paste from.
http://www.richmondgear.com/0002pdfs/TRANSMISSIONMANUAL.pdf This of course is a 6 spd but adaptors exist so probably a matter of finding one for your application.

"The 6-speed is designed to use Chevrolet speedometer parts. The transmission comes
with an 8 tooth speedometer drive gear on the output shaft. Richmond has available a
speedometer adapter kit, part number 6360005-21. It comes with the parts that fit into the
speedometer hole, a short cable that screws on at the transmission end with an adapter
on the other to accept the Ford speedometer cable. The driven speedometer gear that
comes with this adapter kit has 21 teeth. If this is not the correct tooth count to make your
speedometer accurate, other gears are available from Chevrolet. There will be a formula in the
owner’s manual to help calculate the proper tooth count."

·
Premium Member
3,641 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts