Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Working on both 69 and 70 fastback side glass. Anyone know where I can find a diagram specific to these two cars.
Didn't have any luck here.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Here's a diagram from my 70 Mustang manual on CD, it lists 69/70 door glass which basically they are the same except 69 has glued on glass adapters at bottom of glass for tracks and 70 has bolt on adapters which you probably already know.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
For the 1969 and 1970 you ought to have curved ways for the glass to run in. This to match the arc of the window edge seals.

If you are looking for a clamp placement diagram, forget it. I had the epoxy glue on style in my 1970 that came loose. Was not too difficult as to where old clamp sat due to the residue. If you go too far forward or too much to the rear it only cranks differently then. Only thing, is make certain the bolts are near parallel to one another, as it will slide easier then.

The official manual has a nice pictorial on how to adjust the individual glass then.

Wm.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here's a diagram from my 70 Mustang manual on CD, it lists 69/70 door glass which basically they are the same except 69 has glued on glass adapters at bottom of glass for tracks and 70 has bolt on adapters which you probably already know.
That diagram is super! THANKS.
With the 70 window installation I don't have much to work with as far as hardware. I don't have item numbers 23288 and 21430. Anyone know what these pieces are made of? Aluminum? I am going searching at a friends Mustang shop. he has already told me he has not scrapped any 70 Mustangs. The only cars he scrapped with glass like the 70 Mustang would be 73 Cougar.

·
Registered
179 Posts
That diagram is super! THANKS.
With the 70 window installation I don't have much to work with as far as hardware. I don't have item numbers 23288 and 21430. Anyone know what these pieces are made of? Aluminum? I am going searching at a friends Mustang shop. he has already told me he has not scrapped any 70 Mustangs. The only cars he scrapped with glass like the 70 Mustang would be 73 Cougar.
If I remember right those brackets are made of pot metal, don't quote me on that because it's been awhile since I had my doors apart. My CD does not cover the Cougar door glass, but I have attached a diagram of a 70/71 Fairlane/Torino which shows the same brackets, so if you could locate doors from one of those you could use them. Good Luck ... Jim

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts